Wales take on Fiji this Friday at the Millennium Stadium and a spate of road closures and bus diversions will be in place across the city.
The kick-off is at 7.30pm and roads will close from 6pm to 10.30pm.
The following roads will close:
– Kingsway from its junction with North Rd / Boulevard de Nantes to its junction with Duke St.
– Cowbridge Road East from its junction with Cathedral Rd to its junction with Westgate St.
– Tudor St from its junction with Clare Rd to its junction with Wood St (access for residents & traders will be permitted)
– Plantagenet St and Beauchamp St from their junctions with Despenser Place to their junctions with Tudor St (access for residents & traders will be permitted)
These roads will be closed entirely:
Duke St, Castle St, High St, St.Mary St, Caroline St, Wood St, Central Sq, Westgate St, Quay St, Guildhall Pl, Golate, Park St, Havelock St and Scott Rd.
Rugby fans intending to bring cars into the city centre can use the park and ride services at J33 of the M4. The service costs £5. The first buses into the city centre leaves at 12.30pm and the park and ride facility closes at 11.30pm.
On the buses diversions will start from 4.30pm and includes the closure of the Central Bus Station.
Diversions to services include:
– 21, 23, 24, 27, 30, 51, 53, 85 and 86: will start and end in Greyfriars Road.
– 17/18, 25, 32, 33/33A/33B, 60, 61, 62, 62A, 95, 96, 101/102 and X91: will start and end in Tudor Street.
(plus 92/94 from 1900 – see below for arrangements before this time).
– 28/29, 35, 38/39, 44/45, 49/50, 52/52A & 57/58: will travel in and out of the city centre following their Saturday night route to their normal terminal point – not serving Dumfries Place, Greyfriars Road or Westgate Street.
– 8/9/9A: will call at Canal Street and David Street (adjacent to CIA) not Dumfries Place, Greyfriars Road, Westgate Street or Tudor Street.
– 12/13 (to Ely only): will call at Canal Street not Dumfries Place; Greyfriars Road, Westgate St or Tudor St.
– 92/93/94: from 1630 until 1845 journeys will start and finish at Customhouse Street and not serve Wood Street, St. Mary Street or Tudor Street. After this time journeys will start and end in Tudor Street.
On the trains, a threatened strike by train drivers on the Friday has been called off. More details on the Arriva Trains Wales website.