Cardiff city centre is being readied for another spate of road closures and bus diversions as Wales prepare to take on New Zealand at the Millennium Stadium.
Roads will close in the city centre from 3.15pm to 8pm, these are:
– Kingsway from its junction with North Rd / Boulevard de Nantes to its junction with Duke St.
– Cowbridge Road East from its junction with Cathedral Rd to its junction with Westgate St.
– Tudor St from its junction with Clare Rd to its junction with Wood St (access for residents & traders will be – Plantagenet St & Beauchamp St from their junctions with Despenser Place to their junctions with Tudor St (access for residents & traders will be permitted)
The following roads will be shut completely:
Duke St, Castle St, High St, St.Mary St, Caroline St, Wood St, Central Sq, Westgate St, Quay St, Guildhall Pl, Golate, Park St, Havelock St & Scott Rd.
Cardiff council are encouraging people to use the park and ride services available at Junction 33 of the M4. The service costs £5 per car and the sites will open from 9am.
Buses will be provided from the city centre to the park and ride, with the last service leaving the city centre at 9.30pm.
Coaches are asked to leave the M4 at Junction 32 and follow signs for Sophia Gardens. Parking will be £10 and driver facilities available.
Cardiff Bus Station will close between 3pm and 9pm on Saturday.
There are numerous diversions to services across the city:
– 1: will start from Canal Street (Library)
– 6: BayCar service 6 will follow its Friday and Saturday evening route and not serve stops at the Hilton, Castle Street and Wyndham Arcade. It will also not serve the bus stops at the rear of Central Station
– 8/9/9A: will call at Canal Street (Library) and David Street (adjacent to CIA) only – not serving Dumfries Place; Greyfriars Road, Westgate Street or Tudor Street.
– 12/13 to Ely: will call at Queen Street Station, Canal Street (Library) – not serving Dumfries Place; Greyfriars Road, Westgate Street or Tudor Street.
– 12/13 to Tremorfa: will call at Canal Street (Library) and serve Wood Street
– 17/18: will start and end in Tudor Street – not serving Wood Street, Westgate Street or Cardiff Bridge
– 21, 23, 24, 27, 30, 51, 53 & 85: will start and end in Greyfriars Road. Central Bus Station, Westgate Street and Kingsway will not be served.
– 25, 32, 33, 33A, 33B, 60, 61, 62, 62A, 95, 96, 101 & X91: will start and end in Tudor Street. Central Bus Station, Westgate Street and Cardiff Bridge will not be served.
– 28/29, 35, 38/39, 44/45, 49/50, 52/52A & 57/58: will travel in and out of the city centre following their Saturday night route to their normal terminal point – not serving Dumfries Place, Greyfriars Road or Westgate Street.
– 92/93/94: from 1500 until 1900 journeys will call at Canal Street and Customhouse Street and NOT Serve Wood Street (St. Davids House), St. Mary Street (Philharmonic) or Tudor Street bus stops. After 1900 journeys will start from Tudor Street.