Meet the cast of Cardiff Born Cardiff Bred

June 8, 2011 11 Comments »
Meet the cast of Cardiff Born Cardiff Bred

cardiff born cardiff bred cast

We took a camera down to meet some of the future stars of new reality show Cardiff Born Cardiff Bred.

The likes of Joshua Knight, Sian Gunney and Matt Shaw might just be Cardiffians on the street but the internet TV show is hoping to push them into the spotlight.

Auditions for the show attracted hundreds of hopefuls, and the show is building a big fan base on Facebook and Twitter ahead of its launch.

A glitzy launch on Mill Lane last week attracted the great and the good of the city, and check out the gallery below of the cast arriving.

The show is currently being filmed throughout Cardiff and you can find out more about the show on its website.

What do you think of the show? Are you looking forward to seeing it? Let us know in the comments below

1. Kate Lee June 8, 2011 at 11:09 pm - Reply

Well as much as I don't want to admit this the cast is very diverse and seemingly interesting. I think Sarah Jayne is a clever one and I'm personally pleased some hot shot London company hasn't come in and exploited the City for laughter. I'll be supporting unless they glam it up with fake boobs and that rubbish. Until then I wish them luck.

• bran June 29, 2011 at 1:32 pm - Reply

i disagree i think this could possibly be a let down to Cardiff and its culture. There is more to Cardiff than these and i think this programme will fail to relate to all audiences.
      branwen owen xoxoxo

2. name June 9, 2011 at 10:23 pm - Reply

Bunch of fakes.

3. michael gully June 10, 2011 at 11:52 am - Reply

if those pps are real cardiffians then im the pope! what a load of crap! another terrible show, nit wit tv gets worse! this will make cardiff people look like dawks! why dont they go out into the real pubs and find real people than stiffling through mill lane searching for jumped up posers!

4. just saying June 19, 2011 at 3:45 pm - Reply

ex-cons, unemployed, new families, models, business owners, workers, dj's, young guys living the dream and more… what's wrong with that…showing a diverse selection of people of the city, obviously Mr. Gully needs to get out a bit more and stop living in his ego…if you went into a "normal pub" what would we find…a bunch of drunks that would come across as the show "shameless" hardly a way to show off a city… nice comment!

• Mikey P June 21, 2011 at 12:49 pm - Reply

I'm sorry but I don't think this cast does represent any community let alone one as large and diverse as Cardiff. I've got this funny feeling that this will end badly and people's opinion of Cardiff and Wales will go through the floor. After watching this video my expectations of seeing the whole range of people Cardiff has to offer has been shattered, where are the single parents, the happily married couples with large families, anyone outside the 20 to 30 year old age bracket. We live in an ageing community and yet the oldest cast member is 33?????? I want people to know about the changes and rejuvenation Cardiff has experienced over the last 50 years, it hasn't always been Cardiff Bay what about the when anything past Dumballs Road was 'The Docks'? I'm all for putting Cardiff, Wales and the Welsh culture on the map but not like this! Sarah Jayne may be a clever one Miss Lee but I think time will tell. If we are here to 'show off the city' dear 'Just Saying', then why isn't BBC Wales ear marking part of its budget to cast professional actors and not these amateurs, or do people really want to see a half arsed job somewhere between reality and professional drama.

5. Cardiffboyo July 2, 2011 at 12:52 am - Reply

Gotta say u all sound like a bunch of pricky arseholes, noone wants to see 50 year olds 20’s to early 30’s are the only ages worth looking at, stop being old fashioned and realise that Cardiff has changed and si have it’s young population, just coz u r still old fashioned doesnt mean we are

6. Hannah Arnold July 4, 2011 at 4:29 pm - Reply

Ive been following it from the start and Im very excited. I think its great they're receiving a mixed response because its hopefully gonna blow all your negative remarks out of the water. Ive seen them filming around Splott (my area) and theyre approachable nice NORMAL people. Good luck to them x

7. Hannah Louise Evans August 3, 2011 at 12:09 pm - Reply

omg so excited cant wait!!!!!! LOVE CBCB

8. shirley chaplin November 18, 2011 at 12:35 pm - Reply

They should have included a few seniors to represent the true Cardiff.

9. Sabrina December 27, 2011 at 2:51 am - Reply

Just watched six of the shows, I find them very entertaining and so much better than the fake reality of American shows. I actually care about what happens with the folks from Cardiff and can relate, even if I am an American. So great job Sarah Jayne in showing that the people from Cardiff are just like everyone else. Keep true to your vision, because you can't please everyone. Good Luck!!!!