A hustings for all the candidates standing in next week’s Cardiff South and Penarth by-election will be held at the STAR Centre in Splott on Monday night.
The debate, which has been organised by Cardiff Trades Council and the PCS Trade Union, will run from 6.30pm to 8.30pm, with all eight candidates expected to attend.
The by-election, which is being held on Thursday November 15, was triggered after Labour’s Alun Michael resigned the seat he has held for 25 years to contest the police and crime commissioner election for South Wales Police, also being held next Thursday.
The candidates standing to become the MP for Cardiff South and Penarth are:
- Stephen Doughty (Labour)
- Robert Griffiths (Communist)
- Andrew Jordan (Socialist Labour) – a spokesperson will attend the hustings on behalf on Mr Jordan, who is unable to attend.
- Bablin Molik (Liberal Democrat)
- Luke Nicholas (Plaid Cymru)
- Anthony Slaughter (Green)
- Craig Williams (Conservative)
- Simon Zeigler (UKIP).
The hustings is being held on Monday November 12 at 6.30pm in the STAR Centre on Splott Road. All are welcome to attend.