The A48 Eastern Avenue will be closed overnight this week for Cardiff Council to carry out road resurfacing work.
The local authority said the work, which starts tonight, is expected to last five days, subject to any extreme weather.
The closures will run from 7.30pm to 6am Monday to Friday, with work being carried out in stages from the Gabalfa Interchange to Junction 29A.
The council said the road will be closed at the following times and in the following places:
- Tonight (Monday January 28) from 7.30pm to 6am, the eastbound carriageway from Gabalfa to Llanedeyrn Interchange will be closed, and from 10pm to 6am from Llanedeyrn to Gabalfa westbound.
- Tuesday January 29, from 7.30pm to 6am, the section from Llanedeyrn to Gabalfa will be closed westbound.
- Wednesday January 30, from 7.30pm to 6am, the stretch from Llanedeyrn to Pentwyn will be closed northeastbound
- Thursday January 31, from 7.30pm to 6am, from Pentwyn to Pontprennau, closure northeastbound. From 7.30pm to 6am, the A48 southwestbound offslip road at Llanedeyrn/Southern Way will also be closed.
- Friday February 1, from 7.30pm to 6am, from the eastbound A48 turnoff at junction 29A to the Cypress Drive/Newport Road roundabout will be closed. From 7.30pm to 6am the A48 southwestbound offslip road at Pentwyn will also be shut.
Councillor Ralph Cook, Cardiff’s cabinet member for strategic planning, highways, traffic and transportation, said: “This resurfacing work is vitally important to maintain one of the busiest roads in the city. By carrying out this work at night we have taken great care to minimise disruption and ensure that this work can be completed as quickly as possible.”